During the holiday season, the Department of Public Safety encourages everyone to take extra precautions to avoid becoming a victim of a crime. Help Us, Help You to enjoy the holiday season.
If you do become a victim of crime, you should report it immediately to the local police authorities and the Department of Public Safety at 215.596.7000, or e-mail DPS@usp.edu if the incident occurred on or near campus. The information you provide will assist us in providing a safe environment for the University community.
- If Traveling, Have A Neighbor Or Family Member Check Your House Periodically
- During Periods Of Extend Travel, Stop Mail And Paper Deliveries
- Alarm Systems Are For Your Protection - Use Them!
- Indoor And Outdoor Lights Should Be Placed On A Timer
- Lock Doors And Windows At All Times
- Never Give Out Confidential Numbers, Information Or Passwords
- Question Any Strangers/Delivery Persons/Repair Persons And Ask For ID
- Report Suspicious Activity To The Police
- Keep An Eye On Children
- Keep Valuables And Gifts Out Of Sight
- Keep Your Personal Life Personal
- Leave A Television Or Radio On So The House Looks And Sounds Occupied
- Check Smoke Detectors And Replace Batteries
- Review Home Evacuation Plans
- Do Not Overload Electrical Circuits
- Keep Flammable Items Away From Open Flames
- Buy A Home Fire Extinguisher And Learn How To Use It